Ownership and Management
Development and Construction
Acquisitions – Sales – Exchanges
- Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government, M.P.A., 1987
Urban Land Institute 50th Anniversary Scholarship
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D., 1978
Thurston Honor Society
Order of the Coif
Hastings Law Journal, Editor
- Brown University, A.B., 1973
Representative Matters for Thomas B. Jacob:
- Hotel Acquisition: represented a group of investors in the acquisition of a downtown Palo Alto hotel, and the formation of related limited liability companies.
- Commercial Lease: represented the family corporation that owned a 35,000 sq. foot office building being leased to a large Silicon Valley defense contractor, involving termination of an existing long-term lease and sublease, and a parking agreement with the adjacent church.
- Real Estate Financing: represented a regional home builder in the structuring and restructuring of a $55 Million credit facility, with an acquisition and development component and a construction loan component each secured by a collateral pool of Northern California real property.
- Property Sale: represented a Mountain View family business in the sale of its long-held nursery property to a home builder for $24 Million.
- Corporate Real Estate: represented a Fortune 500 company in the acquisition of two buildings containing 250,000 sq. feet in the East Bay utilizing synthetic lease financing.
- Forest Property Acquisition: represented a prominent Silicon Valley entrepreneur in the acquisition of 420 acres of timberland in the Sierra Nevada near Lake Tahoe with reciprocal easements and resolution of title issues.
- Retail Ground Leasing: represented real estate investment group in structuring and negotiating a long-term ground lease with Home Depot.
- Residential: represented the owner in the sale of a Lake Tahoe estate.