- University of San Francisco School of Law
- Louisiana State University
B.S. Finance, Commercial Banking Concentration, Philosophy Minor, 1997
- Attorney licensed by State Bar of California, admitted to practice law before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed by the State of Colorado Board of Accountancy
- San Francisco SPCA – Adoptions Counselor and Volunteer
- The Humane Society of the U.S. – District Leader for CA’s 14th Congressional District
- Menlo Church – Care and Support Team
- San Mateo County Bar Association – Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Section Executive Committee, Chair Pro Tem
- Silicon Valley Bar Association – Member
Heather is an associate in the Trusts and Estates Group. Her practice includes planning and administration. Heather listens to understand her clients’ concerns and designs tools to implement their goals.
Prior to joining Thoits Law, Heather practiced law in San Mateo, California specializing in trust and estate law including litigation, administration, and planning. She served as a judicial intern and volunteer research attorney in the San Mateo County and Santa Clara County Branches of the Superior Court of California. Heather has experience in business and real estate matters and general civil litigation. Heather brings to her law practice a decade of experience in accounting and consulting including positions in management at PricewaterhouseCoopers and as chief auditor at multiple organizations.
Heather is active in the community and committed to animal welfare. She spends her weekends at the San Francisco SPCA and advocates for humane laws.