- New York University School of Law
- Pomona College
B.A., International Relations, 1997
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley
- Chinese American Lawyers of the Bay Area
- Mandarin Chinese
Danielle Lan is a business lawyer representing companies and investors in a variety of corporate, transactional and intellectual property matters. Her practice emphasizes technology and emerging growth industries and Danielle has extensive experience assisting clients on initial company formation, debt and equity financings (company and investor side representation), mergers and acquisitions, licensing and intellectual property matters, general corporate concerns, business operational matters, executive compensation and employment agreements.
Danielle graduated from New York University School of Law and served as a staff editor on the Journal of International Law and Politics. Previously, Danielle practiced in the area of municipal finance law where she represented the State of California, cities, counties, and securities underwriters in tax-exempt financial transactions. Prior to joining Thoits Law, Danielle was Of Counsel at Royse Law Firm, and an associate at Sidley Austin LLP and Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP. Danielle is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- Counsel to Japanese venture fund in its various preferred investment financings, providing assistance in investment diligence and negotiating and review of financing documents.
- Company counsel to emerging growth companies, providing assistance in entity formation, general corporate organizational matters, establishment of stock option and equity incentive plans, capitalization table management, debt and equity investment transactions and drafting and negotiating various service and commercial agreements.
- Counsel for video game company in its successful stock sale to a publicly held US company.
- Counsel for digital media company in its successful stock sale to the US subsidiary of a Canadian public company, with employment retention components for the founders.
- General outside counsel to the US subsidiary of a Japanese public company in its joint venture with a US biotech company in the development of certain products in the life science field.