- University of California, Hastings College of Law
Magna cum laude
Thurston Honor Society
Order of the Coif
Hastings Law Journal
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
B.S. Actuarial Science 1991
- All Stars Helping Kids – former member of Board of Directors
- Palo Alto Downtown Business & Professional Association – Pro Bono former director and board chair
- Palo Alto Art Center Foundation – former member of finance committee
- Woodside Priory School – member of Board of Trustees
As a shareholder in the Employment Law and Business and Employment Groups of Thoits Law, Anne focuses on business and corporate matters, with an emphasis on income tax and employee benefits. She started her legal career at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP working on corporate and international tax structuring and planning issues. Anne works with business clients during all stages of their lives – from formation and operation to acquisition or liquidation. At formation, she assists for-profit and non-profit business owners select the proper form, including choices between corporations and limited liability companies (LLC’s) and negotiation of buy-sell agreements among owners. She works with business clients on a wide variety of equity and incentive compensation issues, including adoption of stock option plans for corporations and alternative plans for LLCs. As a business matures, Anne negotiates equity and debt financing agreements, along with employment, distribution and other contracts. She has represented her clients as they have been acquired, and as they have acquired other businesses and provides valuable insight and knowledge on structuring transactions. With her tax background, Anne is also involved in many real estate estate-related transactions, from formation of entities to invest in and develop real estate to negotiation of relevant joint venture agreements and Section 1031 exchange transactions. Anne speaks frequently on legal and tax issues facing businesses.
- Lead counsel for developers negotiating an aggregate of $27,500,000 equity financing of real estate development in Mexico, involving individual and two separate institutional investments in both U.S. LLC and Mexican limited liability entity.
- Lead counsel in leveraged purchase of aviation business in Northeastern Oregon, involving private equity and USDA loan funding.
- Lead counsel to internet media business and recent $10,000,000 financing transaction, involving tender offer and buy-out of early investors and equity investment in ongoing business.
- Counsel to real estate investment corporation in short form merger transaction to eliminate minority, dissenting shareholders to permit Subchapter S election.
- Lead counsel in spin out of software business from existing financial consulting business to facilitate equity financing of software business and ownership transition of consulting business. Negotiated subsequent $3,000,000 angel financing of software business to fund research and development operations. Established equity incentive plan for employees of both software business and consulting business.