Business and Commercial Litigation
Intellectual Property and Complex Litigation
EDUCATIONIndiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2009, cum laude, Senior Notes Editor, Federal Communications Law Journal; CALI Award for Excellence in Remedies & Equity; Brief Writing Honors, Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition
Bowdoin College, B.A., 2003
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
David E. Hutchinson
Representative Matters for David Hutchinson:
- Counsel to major auto manufacturer in internal investigations, government inquiries and investigations by the SEC and DOJ, and civil litigation, including extensive on-site counseling and litigation management, primarily related to products liability matters.
- Represented asset management company in $1.5 billion declaratory judgment action against a Fortune 100 company regarding bankruptcy events of default under interest rate swap agreement.
- Represented a regional steel company in various commercial disputes in state and federal court, including successful mediation of a multi-million-dollar dispute.
- Represented minority shareholder in AAA arbitration for partnership dispute involving various business torts and tax issues and secured a multimillion-dollar award.
- Represented a real estate development company in a dispute against a major litigation finance company, and successfully argued before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit that the district court should be reversed for abuse of discretion.
- Served as lead counsel for a fitness studio in an action for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract against a minority owner, and first-chaired the bench trial in the Circuit Court of Cook County.
- Successfully represented multiple inmates pro bono in actions under Section 1983 of the Civil Rights Act.
- Advised the New York State Governor's Office regarding emergency preparedness after Superstorm Sandy.