Real Estate and Construction Litigation
Intellectual Property and Complex Litigation
Business and Commercial Litigation
Technology Licensing and Internet Law
Trademark and Copyright Registration
Trade Secret Preservation and Protection
Mediation, Arbitration and Litigation
- Santa Clara School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Santa Clara University, M.B.A.
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, B.A.
Representative Matters for Andrew P. Holland:
- Obtained a multi-million dollar jury verdict after a four week trial in favor of our client for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty against its former Chief Executive Officer.
- Defended a multi-million dollar breach of contract and fraud action brought by a publicly traded company in connection with the acquisition of our client’s privately-held company. Successfully defeated a motion for summary judgment and obtained a favorable settlement during trial.
- Won a complete defense verdict in connection with fraud and breach of contract claims after a two week trial and prevailed on all counterclaims, resulting in a judicial determination confirming our client’s ownership interest in a national media company and a significant monetary award.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar award in favor of our clients in a wrongful death action that was tried after the defendant was convicted of murder for financial gain.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar judgment in favor of our client in an interpleader action against other members of a limited liability company after two successful demurrers and an appeal.
- Won a complete defense award in a binding arbitration involving a seven figure breach of contract claim against a national industrial launderer, which resulted in the recovery of attorney’s fees and costs as the prevailing party.
Intellectual Property Litigation
- Represented the nation’s largest independent provider of legal support services and document outsourcing in a trade secret and employee raiding case and obtained a preliminary injunction precluding the disclosure of our client’s confidential information or hiring of its employees.
- Represented a publicly traded company in defense of misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition claims in connection with semiconductor products with damages alleged to be in excess of $75 million. Successfully opposed multiple applications for a preliminary injunction and reached a favorable settlement on the eve of trial.
- Represented a national apparel company in the prosecution of numerous trademark infringement lawsuits and successfully enforced its rights in several high-profile apparel brands.
- Represented the developer of a popular gaming application in defense of a copyright infringement claim and negotiated a favorable settlement that resulted in a dismissal of all claims with our client’s intellectual property rights preserved.
- Represented a corporation accused of committing fraud and breaching a settlement agreement by misappropriating trade secrets and infringing issued patents. Defeated all of plaintiff’s claims on summary judgment.
- Represented multiple high-technology companies in defense of trademark and copyright infringement claims brought by a publicly traded company, with damages alleged to be in excess of $100 million. Obtained a favorable settlement that resulted in a dismissal of all claims.
- Prosecuted a misappropriation of trade secrets claim against a former employee and a corporation that is a competitor of our client, a supplier of printed circuit boards. Obtained a temporary restraining order prohibiting defendants from soliciting business from plaintiff’s customers. The case settled shortly after the temporary restraining order was issued with plaintiff obtaining a permanent injunction and a monetary payment.