Super Lawyer 2009-2011
Thomas B. Jacob – Shareholder
Thom is a shareholder in the firm’s Real Estate Group. His practice focuses on helping clients in Silicon Valley and throughout California in the acquisition, sale, leasing, financing and development of real property. Thom represents owners, developers, investors, builders, contractors and corporate clients. He has over 30 years of California real estate law experience.
- Hotel Acquisition: represented a group of investors in the acquisition of a downtown Palo Alto hotel, and the formation of related limited liability companies.
- Commercial Lease: represented the family corporation that owned a 35,000 sq. foot office building being leased to a large Silicon Valley defense contractor, involving termination of an existing long-term lease and sublease, and a parking agreement with the adjacent church.
- Real Estate Financing: represented a regional home builder in the structuring and restructuring of a $55 Million credit facility, with an acquisition and development component and a construction loan component each secured by a collateral pool of Northern California real property.
- Property Sale: represented a Mountain View family business in the sale of its long-held nursery property to a home builder for $24 Million.
- Corporate Real Estate: represented a Fortune 500 company in the acquisition of two buildings containing 250,000 sq. feet in the East Bay utilizing synthetic lease financing.
- Forest Property Acquisition: represented a prominent Silicon Valley entrepreneur in the acquisition of 420 acres of timberland in the Sierra Nevada near Lake Tahoe with reciprocal easements and resolution of title issues.
- Retail Ground Leasing: represented real estate investment group in structuring and negotiating a long-term ground lease with Home Depot.
- Residential: represented the owner in the sale of a Lake Tahoe estate.
Articles & Publications
- Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government M.P.A. 1987
Urban Land Institute 50th Anniversary Scholarship
- University of California, Hastings College of Law J.D. 1978
Thurston Honor Society
Order of the Coif
Hastings Law Journal, Editor
- Brown University A.B. 1973
- Palo Alto Housing Corporation - President of the Board of Directors
- Peninsula Open Space Trust
Member - Board of Counselors; Conservation Easement Monitor
- Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce - Former Director
- Brown University - Former National Chair, Alumni Admissions Program
- Author of the Real Estate Law Alert, a summary of selected developments which is distributed via e-mail to clients and friends of the firm